Part-time and Full-time Policy Program Associates
Natural Resource Strategies is seeking Program Associates, with a minimum of 2 years professional experience to work on a number of environmental issues. While this position can be filled remotely, preference will be given for those in Salt Lake City, UT or Los Angeles, CA.
· Conduct research and analysis on proposed and approved California energy and air quality rules, regulations, and policies, especially those focused on criteria pollutants, GHG emissions, energy efficiency, alternative fuels, alternative vehicles, biogas, natural gas, and energy storage
· Monitor specific air and energy agency (CEC, CPUC, ARB, SCAQMD) stakeholder processes, including reports and public workshops
· Support strategic planning and organizational development efforts for California- and Utah-based nonprofit clients
· Draft environmental communications on behalf of clients including op-eds, blogs, newsletters, presentations, etc.
· Copy edit client's environmental documents, including comments to agencies, grant applications, reports, newsletters, blogs, etc.
· Effectively communicate project progress and issues with supervisor
· Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones; identify and resolve issues
· Perform some administrative duties, including scheduling and note taking
Skills and Qualifications:
· Exceptional research and writing skills
· Responsible, independent, creative, resourceful, problem solver
· Ability to work on different projects concurrently
· Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
· Bachelor Degree from accredited university in environmental science, communications, marketing, or PR discipline, graduate degree preferred
· Must have at least 2 years professional experience
· Able to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
$13-18/hour to start
Position open until filled. Please email a short cover letter, resume, and 3 short writing samples to NaturalResourceStrategies@gmail.com. Natural Resource Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.